Re: Maintenance on Indexes

From: julio <julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es>
Date: 1998/03/20

Gillian wrote:

> I need to cut down the fragmentation on the indexes in Financials.
>

> Is there a statement I can use to DROP and CREATE all simultaneously.
> There are about
> 12526 indexes. I could probably use the DBA IND COLUMNS table together
> with the
> DBA INDEXES table.

If you're working in an Oracle V. less than 7.3 you can export the owner of the indexes and the execute:

imp user/pasword file = <exported file> indexfile=index.sql

The import won't be done and you'll have index creation commands in this file. Then you must drop then and execute the index.sql

Regards.

--

Julio Negueruela
DBA    Servicio Inform tico