Re: DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1998/03/20

A copy of this was sent to jkc_at_consultant.com (if that email address didn't require changing) On Thu, 19 Mar 1998 16:39:02 -0600, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am writing a PL/SQL which requires printing out many
>rows (using DBMS.OUTPUT.PUT_LINE). The problem I m having is that after
>about 22,000 lines of 80 char line, it stops due to :
>ORA-20000: ORU-10027: buffer overflow, limit of 1000000 bytes.
>
>Does anyone have suggestion how I can overcome this? Or
>am pretty much stuck with this? My next alternative was going to
>be to insert into a temp table then use SQL to spool out.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>John

>http://www.dejanews.com/ Now offering spam-free web-based newsreading

if you are trying to capture the output into a file, you might consider using UTL_FILE to write the file. It has a line length limit of 1022 bytes but doesn't have a file size limit...

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Herndon VA

Anti-Anti Spam Msg: if you want an answer emailed to you, you have to make it easy to get email to you. Any bounced email will be treated the same way i treat SPAM-- I delete it. Received on Fri Mar 20 1998 - 00:00:00 CST