Re: why cannot truncate???

From: Chan Wai Tong <cscwt95_at_engsvr.ust.hk>
Date: 1998/03/19

S Chavali (nospam_at_iname.com) wrote:
: Chan Wai Tong wrote:
: >
: > I am using oracle 7.1.6.
: > I want to import data to a table.
: > Before I import data, I would like to truncate the table first.
: > I login sqlplus and submit the following SQL.
: >
: > SQL> truncate table me.mytable;
: >
: > But no response for a long ... long time.
: > Then I try to delete all records from the table.
: > I can delete records successfully.
: >
: > Could anyone tell me the reason??
: >
: > The table is not a cluster table.
: >
: > Thank you very much.
: >
: > Mike CHAN
: You will need DROP TABLE privilege to be able to truncate.

Yes, I have 'DROP TABLE' privilege.

: --
: Hope this helps !
: Regards,
: Srini
: (to reply via email, please change "nospam" to "chavali" in my email
: address - :-) )