Re: How to create a Pro*C executable

From: Ranga Chakravarthi <rchak_at_netcom.com>
Date: 1998/03/19

Look for proc.mk file in $ORACLE_HOME/proc/demo or $ORACLE_HOME/precomp/demo/proc directories

Issue the command :

make -f $ORACLE_HOME/proc/demo/proc.mk EXE=daemon OBJS=daemon.o

You might have to add SQLCHECK=semantics and USERID=user/pass because you will be using embedder PL/SQL block. So, copy the proc.mk file to your directory and edit the file to add this paramters to the precompiler

HTH

Jeff Shubert (jeff_shubert_at_linkline.com) wrote:
: I'm having trouble creating an executable from a Pro*C program (Oracle's
: daemon.pc) on HP UX 10.2. Basically, I think I just need a make file. Has
: anyone done this?

: I just want to be able to execute system commands from some PL/SQL code.
: Oracle suggests using the sample Pro*C code which uses the dbms_pipe
: package.

: Thanks in advance,

: Jeff Shubert