DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE

From: <jkc_at_consultant.com>
Date: 1998/03/19

Hi,

I am writing a PL/SQL which requires printing out many rows (using DBMS.OUTPUT.PUT_LINE). The problem I m having is that after about 22,000 lines of 80 char line, it stops due to : ORA-20000: ORU-10027: buffer overflow, limit of 1000000 bytes.

Does anyone have suggestion how I can overcome this? Or am pretty much stuck with this? My next alternative was going to be to insert into a temp table then use SQL to spool out.

Thanks in advance.
John