why cannot truncate???

From: Chan Wai Tong <cscwt95_at_engsvr.ust.hk>
Date: 1998/03/18

I am using oracle 7.1.6.
I want to import data to a table.
Before I import data, I would like to truncate the table first. I login sqlplus and submit the following SQL.

SQL> truncate table me.mytable;

But no response for a long ... long time. Then I try to delete all records from the table. I can delete records successfully.

Could anyone tell me the reason??

The table is not a cluster table.

Thank you very much.

Mike CHAN Received on Wed Mar 18 1998 - 00:00:00 CST