Partitioned Views

From: Dennis M Regan <dregan_at_frontiernet.net>
Date: 1998/03/18

Help,

I've partitioned a very large table into serveral smaller tables using date field criteria as the partition. Next, I created indexes on all the partitions for this date field. Then I alter the tables to create the check constraint (date_file between ...). I then analyze the tables and create the view using union all. When I query the view, I specify a date in the where clause, and Oracle does an index range scan on all the tables! Why doesn't and isn't Oracle supposed to be able to eliminate partitions? What's up?

DR Received on Wed Mar 18 1998 - 00:00:00 CST