Re: Maintenance on Indexes

From: Nigel Rudgyard <nigel_at_rudgyard.demon.co.uk.nospam>
Date: 1998/03/17

Create the appropriate 'drop index' and 'create index' statements automatically, by selecting the necessary details from the DBA_INDEXES and DBA_IND_COLUMNS (as you suggested) and spool the output to a file. You will probably need to create a temporary procedure to get the format just right but I wouldn't have thought it would take too long to write.

Perhaps you could post it once its been tested.