Re: Tricky SQL Problem: Top "n" of queried records

From: <uday.ketkar_at_dscoe.com>
Date: 1998/03/17

Hi,

I am not sure exactly what you are looking for. But by your the description what I understandard is you have one query which returns 'n' rows, now you are looking for "how to get only first 3 rows?".

Well, I would suggest for this is you can use "rownum" like -

select deptno, sum(salary)
  from emp
 where rownum < 4
 group by rownum,deptno