Help with query in forms4.5

From: <dwarakv_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1998/03/17

Hi,

   I am building a form using forms4.5 which takes in a date from the user and performs a query on two tables and dumps the results into a temporary table. I make sure that the date is stored/accepted correctly by printing the date after it is entered. I am running into problems when I making a comparison with the input date. I get the following error

   FRM-40735: When_Button_Pressed trigger raised unhandled exception ora-01858(non numeric found where numeric required).

   The statement that I have written is

    s_date date;
    splus_date date; --splus_date := s_date + 1

    Insert into temp_table (

       select column1, column2,....
       from  a, b
       where condition 1 and
       a.ex_date >= s_date and a.e_date < splus_date);

   I am comparing the date with the input date(s_date,which is also stored in date format). I also tried to use the to_date function to make sure that I don't leave the input date in some other format but still I end up with this error. Can the gurus please help me with this query.

Thanks
Dwarak