Environment Variables in CreateDB and init scripts

From: Bjorn K. Lindstrom <bjorn_at_realitynet.com>
Date: 1998/03/17

Hi,

A friend of mine recently asked if there was any way to get environment variables to work within the createdb.ora and initSID.ora scripts.

My response was that I had never gotten them to work correctly with environment variables, but not being so arrogant as to think that I know it all, I though I would check with the community here, and see if any one knows of any tricks to get oracle to behave in this area?

I know the "?" will tell Oracle to assume the $ORA_HOME value, but if anyone has any other tips or tricks, please let me know!

Thanks in advance!

--
Bjorn Lindstrom

bjorn_at_realitynet.com