Re: A couple of questions

From: John Ellard <jepcsstx_at_bga.com>
Date: 1998/03/17

On 15 Mar 1998 19:01:41 GMT, "Glenn H." <imat_at_magicnet.net> wrote:

>I just got an entry level job with Oracle. I realize SQL is standard
>language, however sometimes it changes according to specific systems.
>
>1. Does Oracle have it's own additions, modifications, enhancements etc.
>to SQL for its own systems? Or does it primarily use typical (If you
>will) SQL?
>
>2. What is a good SQL (beginner Oracle) book?
>
>3. Should I use FoxPro, Access, or utilize Oracle's server to use/practice
>SQL?
>
>Thanks,
>Glenn

Glenn,

  1. Oracle has its own extensions to ANSI `92 SQL (see the book in #2 below, for more info.
  2. The Complete Oracle Reference - Electronic Edition, Oracle Press This book comes in hardback form Oracle Version 8.0, and softbound for Oracle 7.3. I highly recommend this book!!! For more info visit: http://www.oracle.com OR http://www.amazon.com
  3. Start out using Oracle's SQLPlus, then check out SQL Navigator Pro (i think it's at: http://www.quests.com )

Good luck!
John Ellard Received on Tue Mar 17 1998 - 00:00:00 CST