Re: MS SQL Serveror ORACLE?

From: Tony Scandora 630-252-7541 <scandora_at_cmt.anl.gov>
Date: 1998/03/17

In article <6em6au$88p$1_at_plug.news.pipex.net>, "John Spackman" <dont_at_spamme.co.uk> writes:
>MS have now dumped us entirely, refusing to support the problem because they
>are unable to fix it, quoting unsupported hardware (specifically, an Adaptec
>2940UW!!!!!). ...

You're not the only one. I've sent in the SQL to create a database, a BCP data file to fill it up, and a procedure that clearly fails, and gotten nowhere, without even giving them an unsupported configuration excuse to dismiss me.

If they can help you using what they know and the resources they have handy, they will help you. If not, you're just beating your head against a wall, effort you would better be spending helping yourself to find a way around Microsoft's bugs. If this is unacceptable to you, call Oracle or IBM.

Tony Scandora, Argonne National Lab, 630-252-7541 scandora_at_cmt.anl.gov Received on Tue Mar 17 1998 - 00:00:00 CST