Re: Grafix?

From: Lothar Armbüster <lothar.armbruester_at_rheingau.netsurf.de>
Date: 1998/03/16

On 16-Mar-98 04:03:54 ecatz wrote:

>Hi!

>Can anyone tell me how I can read a bmp file from the local drive and store
>it in an Oracle table in PL/SQL?

>Thanks

>ECatz

If you are using PL/SQL on the server side, you won't be able to do that. To access OS files in PL/SQL you normally would use the UTL_FILE package. This one can access only directories that are listed in the init.ora file. So if you administrator isn't quite mad, only directories on the server are accessible from PL/SQL.
I think some Oracle client products also contain a PL/SQL implementation (Oracle Forms?). These ones should be able to access local files but I don't have any experience with that.

All these informations refer to Oracle7 but they should be valid for Oracle8 also.

Hope that helps,
Lothar

--
Lothar Armbrüster       | lothar.armbruester_at_rheingau.netsurf.de
Schulstr. 12            | lothar.armbruester_at_t-online.de