Re: Standby strategy

From: John P. Higgins <jh33378nospam_at_deere.com>
Date: 1998/03/16

We have two machines (HP) in a failover cluster using HP's MC ServiceGuard. The disks are 'twin-tailed', that is , the disks are connected physically to both machines. The MC ServiceGuard software sees that only one of the machines at a time 'mounts' the disks. If the database machine fails, MC ServiceGuard 'dismounts' the disks from that machine and 'mounts' them to the spare and re-starts the database. Note that this does NOT happen if just the database fails.

John