Re: Newbie Question RE: cold backup

From: Robert Prendin <rprendin_at_magi.com>
Date: 1998/03/15

Yes, be certain you are backing up all the files including the control files, redo-logs, etc....
What I would suggest is obviously testing this as you are about to do, but also take full database export prior to doing your file copies then proceed by coping all your files to tape including the export file of the full database. Also keep this export file on-line so that tables accidentally dropped in the development environment can be restrored in no time at all and you could, if required, re-build the entire database with this export file.

Good Luck , Robert Prendin