Re: Problem wih Oracle7 and SCO OpenServer

From: Ruslan Shevchenko <Ruslan_at_Shevchenko.kiev.ua>
Date: 1998/03/15

Raymond Cheung wrote:

> I'm having alot of trobles loading Oracle Workgroup Server 7.3.2.2 onto
> my OpenServer5.0.4.
>
> Someone told me that Oracle Workgroup Server 7.3.2.2 does not work with
> SCO UNIX OpenServer5.0.4
>
> Do anyone know if that statement is true or not? Do anyone know how to
> fix the linking problem when you install Oracle7?

We have running ORACLE 7.3.2.2 on SCO OS 5.04

2 promlems during install:

  1. Mottif installer not work. (when installing from character TERMINAL, all ok)
  2. linker problems. ORACLE use ld386 which does not look at /usr/lib.

  We solved this problem, by copying few files from /usr/lib to /usr/oracle7/lib.
(I don't remember what files and in what directory, look at you make.log and you would seen messages,
that few libraries are not found.
Copy this libs from /usr/lib to some directory, which listed in -L option of linker)

P.S. for ORCALE support: please, add this to bug list.

--

    @=
     //RSSH                              mailto:Ruslan_at_Shevchenko.Kiev.UA