Re: Oracle Server and trigger

From: David <darussell_at_email.msn.com>
Date: 1998/03/14

Before 7.3 best performace was gained by calling a strored procedure from the trigger becuase triggers were not compiled, Triggers are compiled from 7.3 onwards so perform similarly to stored procedures. From 8.0 PL/SQl becomes a first class citizen, i.e. SQL and PL/SQL have similar performance.

Regards
David Russell