Re: Stored PL/SQL and corruption

From: <twod_at_not.valid>
Date: 1998/03/14

stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu wrote:
: If your stored procedure uses the DBMS_SQL package, that is probably the
: reason. The package here sometimes seems to get corrupted for one or more
: sessions, and only after several days.

The plot thickens:

There is no dbms_sql used in the package;

The error is seen when calling the package from a Pro*C program running on a NT box connecting via Net 8;

A job run from a Unix box connecting via Sql*Net 2.3 works just fine, whilst the Net 8 process is having problems;

It is not a consistent error : Say there are 3 files to read and import into the database by calling the stored PL/SQL. File 1 gives 6502 when the PL?SQL is called so we remove file 1 from the queue. Files 2 and 3 are imported without anything being done (ie no recompilation). File 1 is placed back in queue and fails with 6502 until the package is recompiled at which point it is imported with no problem.

We have scoured the data for control characters and the like but there is nothing unusual.

Oracle's suggestions, as ever, was to upgrade.

IAP Received on Sat Mar 14 1998 - 00:00:00 CST