SCO Oracle - Linux - JDBC - shmget() error

From: John Meijer <meijer_at_pathcom.com>
Date: 1998/03/13

Hi:

I'm running SCO Oracle 7.3 on Linux using iBCS. The database is up, and the listener for SQL*Net is monitoring Port 1521.

With JDBC from Oracle, using the thin client, I am trying to connect to the database with the following error:

ORA-07429: smsgsg: shmget() failed to get segment. AT&T System V/386 Error: 2: No such file or directory

I guess the last three lines of error messages occur from bottom to top (i.e. the "No such file.." error is the root cause), and suspect that since I am running a SCO version under Linux, some part of my directory structure is missing that is there under SCO.

Anyway, it seems the shmget() fails causing JDBC to not have access to the database. Any ideas for a fix to this problem? --John. Received on Fri Mar 13 1998 - 00:00:00 CST