Re: Help new user

From: Stephen Mulcahy <smulcahy_at_smsat.ilo.dec.com>
Date: 1998/03/13

Gareth Leonard <leonard-gg_at_ulst.ac.uk> wrote:
> I have created a database in oracle 7. What do I have to do in order to
> link Oracle webserver to it. And where do I store my PL/SQL procedures.

I'd say your best approach would be to install the webserver (if it isn't already - it may have been installed with the database). Then start the admin web listener ('wlctl start admin' for webserver 2.x or 'owsctl start wrb' and 'owsctl start admin' for webserver 3.x). You want the url, http://<your server>/ows-abin/boot to finish setting up the webserver, just follow the steps and then load the sample applications to get a feel for how it works.

That should at least get you started,

-stephen

Stephen Mulcahy Digital Equipment International BV, smulcahy_at_soggey.ilo.dec.com Received on Fri Mar 13 1998 - 00:00:00 CST