Re: Stopping refresh of snapshots

From: Eugen Nyffeler <eugen.nyffeler_at_ubs.com>
Date: 1998/03/13

coneal_at_kill_spammers.exis.net wrote:

> I had one that I wanted a procedure to control the refresh for and I
> set the NEXT_REFRESH (use DBMS_SNAPSHOT package) to sysdate + 9999.
> That keeps the auto refreshes out of your hair for a while.

I'm just starting to design a site to use snapshots. In my opinion you should use the dbms_refresh.substract (or destroy) to remove
your snapshot site from the refresh-group. If you'd like to do an automatic refresh
again just add the site again to a group. To increase the next_refresh value might leed to problems with other snapshot sites.

rgds
eugen Received on Fri Mar 13 1998 - 00:00:00 CST