Re: Price Sybase, Oracle, Informix to compete with NT-sqlserver

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_p3.net>
Date: 1998/03/13

Hi,

I used Interbase on Unix about two years ago. My impressions were that when it comes to transaction processing it is FAST (faster than Oracle), but when it comes to batch operations such as overnight loads you better be someplace where they have long nights -- in other words it was much slower than SQL*Loader for the same record volumes.

Regards

Jerry

--
Jerry Gitomer		Since I know how to spell DBA I became one.
jgitomer_at_p3.net