Re: delete a column

From: Tony de Lange <tony.delange_at_alusaf.com>
Date: 1998/03/12

The only way I know of to delete a column is to recreate the table. You can do this by creating a"backup" table as select * from your table, then recreating your new table without the column and inserting the data from your "backup" table.
Be carefull though with constraints, invalidated packages and views and those type of things.