Re: Size of rollback segments for a single transaction

From: JG of PAFB <jgofpafb_at_aol.com>
Date: 1998/03/12

The rollback is going to store all of the information it needs to in order to return the database to the state prior to beginning of your transaction. It won't attempt to flush unless you issue a commit or something like a POST from Oracle*Forms.

You most likely don't want your rollback segments grabbing more and more extents all the time so I usually make 1 HUGE rollback segment in addition to various smaller ones so that data transactions that do lots of changes to database data wont fail or cause my smaller segments to have to extend themselves. You can use the SET TRANSACTION command in order to specify which rollback segment a transaction should use.

jgofpafb_at_aol.com (Oracle DBA) Received on Thu Mar 12 1998 - 00:00:00 CST