Re: Sybase/Informix/Oracle can strike GOLD

From: <gold_bag_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 1998/03/11

Michael Sanderson wrote:

> That's assuming of course you purchase a new OS every time you purchase a
> database. I doubt that this is the case. In fact, I would disagree with
> your claim that most people would choose Sybase on Linux over Sybase on NT
> simply due to performance.

Without a OS how can you run database?? You need a OS for each data server.
Have you seen red hat/Suse linux?? On a single linux cdrom there are about
 1800 packages (yes! 1800!! And it includes Netscape Navigator, Netscape communicator ). Compare that to NT cdrom from microsoft. What do you get there??
 Linux is SO MUCH MORE ADVANCED, there is no other operating system better than that in this world! It is rock solid, very reliable
and most easy to use. With my 20 years of experience in computer field, having
used Windows NT, 95, OS/2, DOS, Novell netware, AIX, HPUX, Solaris, Sinix I
personally rank LINUX as NUMBER ONE OS and it is the future OS which will
dominate (know that internet is exploding rapidly the world over). LInux is a
very advanced/powerful network operating system and Windows NT 's capabilities are
far behind that of linux. (The reason is microsoft intentionally tailored NT so that
it can sell more licenses of NT per workstation/server. Microsoft is interested in
making more money and not interested in delivering high technology product).