Re: row level security. How do I do it?

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_p3.net>
Date: 1998/03/11

Hi Phil,

Since the view you create is a subset of a single table your users will only be able to access the rows that meet the selection criteria for the view. They will not be able to access the other rows in the underlying table through the view.

Regards

Jerry

	mdlcpgs_at_lhn.gns.cri.nz.nospam wrote:

> I have table where I want to limit access for certain users to only a
> subset of rows in the table. Ie there is as column STATUS in the
table
> and I want a user_guest to only see rows where the value in Status =
1

SNIP

> An approach that appeals more is a view like
> CREATE VIEW crippled as SELECT * FROM myTABLE where status = 1;
>
> The problem is, how do I let them open this view without also giving
them
> select rights to the underlying table?
>
> Anyone know the answer to this or another way to do it?

> Phil Scadden, Institute of Geological and Nuclear Sciences
> Work: PO Box 30368, Lower Hutt Home: 55 Buick St, Petone,
Lower Hutt
> New Zealand
> ph +64 (04) 569-9059, fax (04) 569 5016 ph (04) 568-7190,
-- Jerry Gitomer Since I know how to spell DBA I became one.
jgitomer_at_p3.net Received on Wed Mar 11 1998 - 00:00:00 CST