Re: CONTEXT Options

From: TimKArnold <timkarnold_at_aol.com>
Date: 1998/03/11

Ed,
This from the documentation. Should point you in right direction.

Regards,
Tim

NUMJOIN specifies the characters that, when they appear in a string of digits, cause ConText Option to index the string of digits as a single unit or word. For example, a period '.' may be defined as a NUMJOIN character because it often serves as a decimal point when it appears in a string of digits.

PRINTJOINS specifies the characters that join a word together when they appear within the word. Words that contain PRINTJOINS characters are stored in the text index exactly as they appear in the text. For example, if you define '-' as a PRINTJOINS character, the word 'pseudo-intellectual' is stored in the text index as 'pseudo-intellectual'.
SKIPJOINS specifies the characters that join a word together, but the characters are not stored in the text index. For example, if you define '-' as a SKIPJOINS character, the word 'pseudo-intellectual' is stored in the text index as 'pseudointellectual'.

Note: The default values for NUMJOIN and NUMGROUP are determined by the NLS initialization parameters that are specified for the database. In general, you do not need to specify a value for either NUMJOIN or NUMGROUP when creating a Lexer preference using the BASIC LEXER Tile

begin
ctx_ddl.Set_attribute ('PRINTJOINS', '-*/'); ctx_ddl.create_preference ('DOC_LINK', 'Dash, star, slash', 'BASIC LEXER' ); end;