Re: DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE

From: Steve Phelan <stevep_at_XXnospamXX.toneline.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1998/03/10

I'm not sure you can - the output is probably sent to it's own internal buffer, which is only flushed when the call completes.

I'd also question whether this was the best way to approach this problem... Why not return the string via a function (or an OUT parameter for a procedure) and just use a stored procedure call from Delphi? (If Delphi can do this? I've never used Delphi, but have used this approach successfully with many other client-server tools.)

Just my thoughts.

Steve Phelan.