Re: Ora8 NT problem

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_p3.net>
Date: 1998/03/10

Hi Billy,

Billy Verreynne wrote:

        SNIP
> The question basically is - if you loose your control file in a crash and
> you have to recover the database on a different drive without a controlfile,
> what is the recovery sequence?

Copy over one of the other two control files which you of course had on different spindles <g>.

By the way Billy I suggest a variation of your T1, T2, C1, C2, ... naming convention --
use T as the prefix for columns and C as the prefix for tables <bg>.

Regards

Jerry

--
Jerry Gitomer		Since I know how to spell DBA I became one.
jgitomer_at_p3.net