Re: partions in Oracle 8

From: David Sisk <davesisk_at_ipass.net>
Date: 1998/03/09

I haven't experimented with the partitioning yet, but I do know that sometimes the optimizer has some difficulty choosing indexes on tables in a view with UNION ALL statements. Keep in mind that with partitions, you can't perform an update that would cause a row to migrate to a different partition. Other than that, partitions look like the best answer. Don't forget that you can also partition indexes.

Good luck,
Dave