importting split export files

From: <Steve_Wong_at_putnaminv.com>
Date: 1998/03/09

Thanks to the people who responded to my split export post. I've got another question relating to split exports, importting them back into the database.

I've been getting the following errors during an import of a test table:

Export file created by EXPORT:V07.03.03 via conventional path

. . importing table                "SWONG_INBOUND"
IMP-00009: abnormal end of export file
IMP-00028: partial import of previous table rolled back: 8694 rows rolled back Import terminated successfully with warnings. 29401 Broken Pipe

I've got two 1M export files. I'm using a tip of the week from oracle mag.

Here's the script:

nohup cat /dumpdir/expfileaa /dumpdir/expfileab > $HOME/split.pipe & sleep 30
nohup uncompress < $HOME/split.pipe > $HOME/export.pipe & sleep 60
imp / file=$HOME/export.pipe (other params)

Anyone try this before and become successful? Thanks in advance.

S.W.