Report Writers for Oracle?

From: Peter Mroz <pmroz_at_snip.net>
Date: 1998/03/09

Hi,

I'm evaluating report writers for Oracle and am interested in other people's recommendations/experiences. Our environment is Windows 95 PCs connected via TCP/IP over a LAN or WAN to an Alpha OpenVMS system running Oracle 7.1.5. We've already got SQL*Net installed; I believe it's version 2.

Our requirements at this stage are fairly simple:

o Easy to use for ad hoc report generation

o Supports multiple fonts, boxes and lines

o Fast performance - some of our tables have ~ 500,000 rows

Some products I'll be looking into include:

o Business Objects

o Clear Access

o Cognos Impromptu

o Crystal Reports

o Brio Query

o Oracle's report writer

If someone could point me to any white papers on the subject that would be great.

Thanks,
Peter Mroz

You can post a reply here or email me at pmroz_at_snip.net Received on Mon Mar 09 1998 - 00:00:00 CST