Re: 16 Bit Client on Netware (Windows 95 SPX)

From: Steven Patenaude <stevenp_at_coop.com>
Date: 1998/03/09

Allan Burger wrote in message <34FD6284.11390E95_at_ene.gov.on.ca>...
>The Win95 machine that this message is coming from has both the Oracle
 16bit
>and Oracle 32bit clients loaded and working properly. We have Netware 4.11
 and
>32bit Netware clients installed and use both SPX and TCP/IP (the more
>predominant) for Oracle SQL*Net . The only trick is to keep the
 installations
>entirely separate and use the appropriate Installer. Some of our apps are
 16bit
>Forms which have not yet been upgraded.
>
>16bit Oracle goes into the directory 'X:\oranwin' and 32bit Oracle goes
 into
>'X:\orawin95'. Your SQL*Net configuration files also have to be duplicated
 into
>both environments. The 32bit Oracle will store a lot of its configuration
 info
>into the Win95 registry but the 16bit maintains the info in the
 'Oracle.ini'
>only.
>
>Both 'X:\orawin\bin' and 'X:orawin95\bin' need to be in the PATH in the
>'autoexec.bat'.
>
>Allan
>
>Sisteplant (Mantenimiento) wrote:
>
>> Hello:
>>
>> We have problems installing a 16 bit Oracle Client ( Sql Net V2.3) on a
 Win
>> 95 system using
>> IPX/SPX (Netware 4.11). This system has a 32 bit Netware Client. Oracle
>> tells us that this configuration is not supported, but is it possible?
>>
>> Thanks.

I've installed the 16bit SQLNet on about five Win95 machines here. It has worked for all except the one I'm trying to install now. Despite having the SPX protocol installed it is telling me that the protocol is not installed. This machine is using Microsoft's SPX protocol, while all the other machines (the ones I didn't have any trouble with) used Novell's Client32. I'm going to install Client32 and see if the problem clears up.

--
Steven Patenaude               Cooperative Computing, Inc.
Database Administrator         512-328-2300 ex. 5202