Re: Listener Hanging

From: Dhiresh Rustogi <rustogid_at_usa.net>
Date: 1998/03/09

Hi!

I have faced same problem with Oracle 7.3.2.3.1 with NT 4.0 which is still running as Oracle sever in my organisation.
The reason that we figured out for this problem is that Oracle Listner dosent resumes the connection with the client if for once it got no answer from other side. In our server there was a utility which for a millisecond stops the network services to check the system and during this millisecond if some client has send the request to Oracle Listner, Listner will not be able to reply and so client will take it as connection is broken and will not try to connect again.

In my case rondomly one or two people use to get disconnected in a days or so. Then we ran a huge process which takes 2 hours to get over and uses all the resources of server. This program always use to get disconnected. Then we looked at the operating system side and saw that 1 internel process use to take whole of the resources of 1 processor of our server. So when ever that processor was used to connect to clients which is simultaneusly trying to connect to listner then the cleint use to disconnect while the client on other processor was running fine.

I hope this could help you in finding your problem.

Dhiresh Rustogi
rustogid_at_usa.net