Re: Oracle on UNIX

From: Alan Campbell <ajc_at_cgocable.net>
Date: 1998/03/08

You did not say what the version of Oracle was on the unix machine. If the versions are not identical, which is probably the case, you must look at setting the COMPATIBLE parameter in the init.ora. If it was exported with a higher version number, I believe you will need to reexport with COMPATIBLE set to the target version number.