Oracle Server 7.3.2 hung on NetServer LC II

From: <dzung_at_van.oz.au>
Date: 1998/03/08

Hi folks

Currently, we have a problem of running Oracle server 7.3.2 on HP NetServer LC II Pentium II 300Mhz.

I have successfully installed SCO Unix 5.0.2 and Oracle Server 7.3.2 on NetServer LC II, dual Pentium II 300MHz, 128 MB RAM, HP NetRaid with 2 4GB Ultra SCSI HD which config as RAID 1.

The problem is that the Oracle Server got hung when I run SqlPlus scripts to create the tables or the PL/SQL packages. It hung after creating 20-20 tables or packages. When it hung we have to restart the database (startup force under svrmgrl).

While Sqlplus scripts got hung , users still could log into SCO Unix.

Any help or pointer is very much appreciated.