Re: Raw Partitions and Oracle

From: Pei L. Ku <pku_at_gte.net>
Date: 1998/03/08

In the case where unix files are used, Oracle uses 'sync write' to ensure that the writes are written from FS buffer cache to the disk before returning. Not doing so would be real bad the health the database (imagine your redo entries are not written all the way out to online redo logs)

Pei

Declan O'Reilly <declan_at_mcs.com> wrote in article <3501D76A.D129C1FE_at_mcs.com>...