Re: Oracle @ Home

From: PD Miller <news_watcher_at_caribdata.no_spam.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1998/03/08

In article <34EDFBE1.DBA7690C_at_mail.onr.com>, Dave Cheatham <cheatham_at_mail.onr.com> wrote:

> Howdy-
>
> OK - - I'm an Oracle Hacker, and have been for 10 years...Now I needto
> graduate to "Worthy System Slave". I need the full RDMS features of
> Oracle 6 or 7, but only for a single user. Personal Oracle appears to
> only be a network query tool, not a stand-alone database. What is the
> minimum software/hardware system I need for a "small" Oracle 6/7
> environment???
>
> All answers appreciated!
> Dave

Personal Oracle is indeed a full, stand-alone database. Our company uses it extensively for testing and development.

It is available for Windows 95, NT, Macintosh PowerPC, and probably coming soon to Nintendo. As far as minimum software/hardware requirements:

Operating system System Version Memory Disk free Oracle Version

Windows NT           3.51 or 4.0       16M        75M          7.3.3.0.0
Windows 95              any            16M        50M          7.3.3.0.0
Macintosh PowerPC       7.5.5          16M        50M          7.1.2.0.0

You can download (if you are patient) a 60 day trial copy ( <www.oracle.com> ) or request a CD. It can also be found bundled with any number of books Received on Sun Mar 08 1998 - 00:00:00 CST