Re: How do I start/stop a sql/net v2 listener while keeping the other running ???

From: Alain Barrette <ab_at_sib.qc.ca>
Date: 1998/03/07

On Fri, 06 Mar 1998 04:28:31 GMT, rprendin_at_magi.com (Robert Prendin) wrote:

Well, what I mean, was a way to stop the tcp/ip listener as we did in sql/net v1.

So that no one can attempt to connect to the DB via a tcp/ip listener outside our business hours...

And I don't want a DB solution while a simple novcron (cron job under novell) would do the trick...

It seem that the tool furnished with Oracle DB under NT lack a way to create multiple listener name...

I have posted my question to Oracle support, but have yet to receive any answer...