Re: Does 7.3.3 command COALESCE tablespace work ?

From: hdt <etullis_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 1998/03/06

Yes it does work, please remember the free space has to be contiguous. Check dba_extents to determine if there are multiple free extents that are beside each other. If so, the coalesce will work, resulting in those contiguous free extents coalesced into on extent.

Hope this helps.

news.neighbornet.net <suresh_at_neighbornet.net> wrote in article <01bd47ca$b842e6c0$a504fa80_at_mndnet>...