Re: referential intergrity

From: Lothar Armbruester <lothar.armbruester_at_rheingau.netsurf.de>
Date: 1998/03/05

On 05-Mär-98 11:16:48 Tong Zhai wrote:

>Hi, all:
> we are setting up a db, one of the table is works_on, and the primary key
>for that table are composite of project_number and Employee_ssn, so by
>definition they can't be null, but if I do want to insert a record with
>null project_number, how can I do that ?

Hello,
you'll have to drop the primary key, alter the table to allow nulls for the project number and then create a unique index on project_number and employee_ssn.

>tong.

Hope that helps,
Lothar

--
Lothar Armbrüster       | lothar.armbruester_at_rheingau.netsurf.de
Schulstr. 12            | lothar.armbruester_at_t-online.de