Re: referential intergrity

From: Greg Parsons <parsons_at_intermetrics.com>
Date: 1998/03/05

Hi,

    Short answer - cannot do as enabled. But...     You could disable the primary key and disable the not null constraint on the field and then perform the insert. But, of course, you couldn't reenable them - until you solved your problem. So, since this or any solution is temporary for this table to be inserted on (in it's present config) it would seem you might be better off giving the project_number something inocuous (project 999) until you perform the proper update after the initial insert. Just remember within the insert to give yourself something to choose on in your where clause of the update.
That'll be $.02. Greg