Re: 16 Bit Client on Netware (Windows 95 SPX)

From: Allan Burger <burgeral_at_ene.gov.on.ca>
Date: 1998/03/04

The Win95 machine that this message is coming from has both the Oracle 16bit and Oracle 32bit clients loaded and working properly. We have Netware 4.11 and 32bit Netware clients installed and use both SPX and TCP/IP (the more predominant) for Oracle SQL*Net . The only trick is to keep the installations entirely separate and use the appropriate Installer. Some of our apps are 16bit Forms which have not yet been upgraded.

16bit Oracle goes into the directory 'X:\oranwin' and 32bit Oracle goes into 'X:\orawin95'. Your SQL*Net configuration files also have to be duplicated into both environments. The 32bit Oracle will store a lot of its configuration info into the Win95 registry but the 16bit maintains the info in the 'Oracle.ini' only.

Both 'X:\orawin\bin' and 'X:orawin95\bin' need to be in the PATH in the 'autoexec.bat'.

Allan