Re: environment replication

From: <lopezd_at_sni13.viacom.com>
Date: 1998/03/04

steve,

I just looked at the oracle docs on exp/imp which says it should save and restore all objects owned by the user. ( by the way I am currently trying to figure out how to restore into a user tablespace without first having to drop all the objects for a refresh ).

We were thinking of using one instance as a resource saving device ( memory essentially ) and also we are a Sybase shop and that is the way you do it in Sybase. Oracle folks seem to have the same question you have about why not just create seperate databases...

dave