Re: Pl/SQL using procedure builder, How do you test call procedures?

From: <thomasj_at_platinum.com>
Date: 1998/03/04

In article <34FC7850.4A46_at_biotrack.com>,   fvali <fvali_at_biotrack.com> wrote:

> Heya,
> Do any of you know how i would be able to test a procedure call that
> requires some OUT variables?
> So for example:
>
> Within a package i have the following procedure defined:
>
> procedure get_user_info( user_num IN Number, user_name OUT varchar2,
> user_address OUT varchar2 );
>
> Now from my PL/SQL prompt I would like to call this procedure.
> If the procedure's parameters are all IN variables i ahve no problem in
> calling it, but when they are OUT variables the environment won;t let
> me.
>
> Is there anyway i can declare global/bind variables as such:
> .create varchar2 g_name;
> .create varchar2 g_address;
> then
> get_user_info( 2, g_name, g_address );
> which would then store the info in the two bind variables?
>
> Also then how would i examine the data in those variables?
>
> I tried the above tactic, and i got the error that g_name and g_address
> are not in scope, so I was hoping I did something wrong...
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
> -gracias
> -fais
>
> --
> Biometric Applications & Technology
> Faisal Vali - Software Engineer (B.A.T man)

PLATINUM SQL-Station Debugger, a SQL-Station component, is the only Windows-based tool that debugs server-side PL/SQL code, such as stored procedures, triggers, packages, and functions. Debugger supports all versions of Oracle 7.1 and above. Its visual user interface offers features as powerful as those of the most advanced development environments.

For more information on SQL-Station products, related articles, and a free download, check out the product page at: http://www.platinum.com/products/appdev/suite2.htm

Janis Thomas
Platinum Technology, Inc.