Re: [Q] connect string

From: Julio <julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es>
Date: 1998/03/04

First of all I apologize for writting English so badly.

Konstantin Kivi wrote:

> Hello All!
>

> Can somebody tell me how can I specify
> SID of the database without ORACLE SID
> in the environment. I have two local database
> and want to select it in the connect string.

I'm afraid you need an ORACLE SID to connect to your database in local mode. I've got a script that asks for you the ORACLE SID before you logg in. If this is interresting for you, I can e-mail you..

> Please don't tell be about tnsnames.ora and listener
> because I want [need] my application to connect to the
> database without help of SqlNet.

I think they are neccessary if you connect from a client machine.

> Thank in advance, Konstantin Kivi.
>

> PS Everything is going on under Unix.

Greetings.

--