Re: Median function in SQL

From: S Chavali <nospam_at_iname.com>
Date: 1998/03/04

Dave,
I believe the snippet of code below will return the *mode* value, not the *median*. If I remember my statistics right, *median* is the "middle" value is a list of ascending/descending values while the *mode* value is the number that occurs most often in such a list.
Anybody else have any other thoughts ?

Srini
(to reply, change "nospam" to "chavali" in my email address. :-) )