Re: Oracle Web server & Perl

From: Fernando Nantes De Souza <fnantes_at_usa.net>
Date: 1998/03/04

No, that's not the problem. The Webserver doesn't care about the language used to code the CGI program. You need to configure the webserver recognize and run CGI programs. It can be done in two ways:

  1. Define a directory mapping, (/cgi-bin --> /www/home/bin, for example). In this case the webserver will know that any url in the form http://www.yourdomain.com/cgi-bin/perlprogram is a CGI program that is not to be downloaded but executed.
  2. Define a file extension as a CGI program. That is, any file terminated in .cgi will be executed as a CGI program.

It's true for most of the webservers around, including Oracle Webserver. I did it in version 1.0, works fine.

Regards,
-Fernando