Re: Create a table Storage Parameters

From: Steve Phelan <stevep_at_XXnospamXX.toneline.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1998/03/03

Er, I think you are getting a little confused...

The "PCT_INCREASE parameter to 1" should be for the TABLESPACE to force coalescing, not the tables and indexes. For tables (and indexes) set PCT_INCREASE to 0 if you want linear growth, and using 'power of 2 sized' extents to improve the coalescing. See the Oracle White Papers on space management (or the Advanced DBA Handbook, Oracle Press.)

Steve Phelan.